So today’s post is to do with food, one of my favourite topics.
I’m going to be telling you how to make easy cookies in super speedy time. You can change these up however you like but take 10 – 15 minutes to put the ingredients together and 15 minutes to bake.
I think these are perfect for when you’re in a rush and family or friends are coming over and you would like to put something home baked onto the table.
So let’s go!
- 225g (8oz) butter, softened
- 110g (4oz) caster sugar
- 275g (10oz) plain flour
- Add one teaspoon of spices (cinnamon,ginger, etc.)
- 75g of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170 oC (375oF) or gas mark 3.
- Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until it is soft. Add the sugar and beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and add optional ingredients. Bring the mixture together in a figure of eight until it forms a dough.
- Using your hands, make walnut sized balls and place them slightly apart from each other on a tray (grease or line if necessary). Flatten the balls ever so slightly and bake them in the oven for around 15 minutes until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top.
- Place the cookies onto a cooling rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Once cool serve.
- Optional ~ whilst the cookies are cooling you can place chocolate pieces on top to add a little extra flavour and texture.
These are how mine turned out:
I hope you enjoyed this post and was helpful at all.
Talk to you soon,